Friday, January 7, 2011

This time I'm really back....

Holy Crap! I have a blog?

Excuse my long absence, here's a quick rundown: sickness hit, flyboy was away, I was way behind on holiday stuff.  Flyboy came home, sickness was still hitting, last minute holiday stuff, sickness then seemed to be at bay, the craziness of the last few days of school and holiday things there, then the holidays, then I thought would come down time.

No go.

Snow, 2 feet of the stuff, and more sickness.  This time, we got a 10 hour trip to the ER, blood work, chest xrays, a diagnoiss of pneumonia for dash-1, and a 5 day hospital stay. 

There, that's been my last month in a nut shell.

But I'm back baby.  I could say my new years resolution was to lose 30 lbs, blog more and yell less, but I'm gonna be honest, I don't think I've ever kept a resolution so I'm just gonna work at it.  After all life is just a work in progress right?

I do have a couple things in the works, a giveaway for chili's, some new things for our Etsy store, and I'm thinking of doing a Valentine's swap.  No real rules, just a $10 dollar price limit, send pink stuff, send candy, don't care.  More on that in the next week or so. 

So that's where I stand.  Right here.  In my sweats {but hey I'm wearing a bra, points for that right?} things, to come, I'm going to do my best to revive my poor neglected failing blog, maybe even a new look for it, stay tuned folks.

But enough about me.... what have you lovelies been up too? Any "non-resolutions" resolutions?

14 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what a month it's been for you. How is Dash 1 doing now? I hope he's feeling much better; that must have been so scary for you. I was a wreck when my kids were hospitalized, it's not easy.

    Hopefully things will or have calmed down. I look forward to reading about an UNEVENTFUL January for you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I took a nice long extended break too. Although, I did it just because I wanted to, not because of all that sickness. Oh my goodness! I hope everyone is feeling better :)

    Sounds like a great year ahead! My resolution was to try and make 2011 a better year than 2010. I think I can stick to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! Sounds like you had a killer December, though. I hope everyone is feeling better now.

    I am definitely a non-resolution person. I have some things I'd like to get done this year, but well, not to get all philosophical on you, but I think self-improvement is pretty much an all-year decision for me, not just on New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all is well and improving! I'm sticking to my annual resolution of not making resolutions. Seems I do much better when I don't resolve to change. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh holy crap. I was planning on calling you today when the Captain went down for a nap but I logged on to see if you'd posted. I was totally hoping you'd have been off visiting family and got snowed in, therefore having way too fantastic of a new years with people you love to blog. I should have known that with your luck it'd be the hospital though.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the paragraph mentioning resolutions. ;)
    I'm going to make a list of books I need to read, and please be praying that the nearest Starbucks has a desperate need for a barista when I apply soon!! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Dash 1 is doing better!

    Plus you get double points for a bra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had such a crazy holiday. I hope Dash-1 is doing sooooo much better. Poor thing.

    A valentines day swap sounds like SO much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a crazy time for you!

    I just published my "goals for 2011" post and mentioned losing weight and yelling less too...lol

    A Valentine's Day swap would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a crazy month. I'm glad that you're back!

    The V-day swap sounds fun! I might have to get in on that action! I have a huge bag of Theo dark chocolate/peppermint hanging out at my house, and I don't eat chocolate. So it'd be fun to share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i will have this baby i've been carrying around for 20 weeks. i think that's a resolution i can actually stick too.
    glad you're back. i hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope things calm down for you for a while. glad to see you back and I would be interested in the Valentines swap

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.