Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

I've posted this recipe a while back, but since its what's for dinner tonight I thought I would share it again. {minus the peacans}

{Photo courtesy of the perdue website. My salad did look this wonderful, but well, we were hungry and sucked ours down waaaaay before I could go get the camera.}

You know this has to be good because I'm not quite the salad kinda girl.



Spinach and Strawberry Salad
1 package of Perdue chicken Short cuts {either honey roasted or just the plain kind and don't tell perdue I told you this but you could probably put your own grilled chicken on this too}

12 ounces of fresh baby spinach {about 8 cups}

1 pint of fresh strawberries

4 tbl of crumbled blue cheese {for you feta freaks, feta would probably be just as tasty}
{and I didn't add these because of the whole deathly allergic dash-1 but you can also add 1/2 cup glazed walnuts or pecans}

for the dressing:
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teapoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil

Mix up the sugar, salt, pepper, and vinegar together in a small bowl until the sugar dissolves, then mix in the olive oil.
Toss the spinach in a bowl with half the dressing mixture.
Put even amounts of the spinach in four bowls {or plates, whatever strikes your fancy}
Top with chicken, strawberries, and blue cheese
Drizzle over the remainder of the dressing.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great recipe, would you mind if in the future I snag this to post on my blog as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmagawsh. That looks so yummy. Sounds strange. But looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks delicious! I'm a new follower, and wanted to say hello, so hello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a perfect summer meal! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. for something a bit different, try this dressing:
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup oil
    1/4 cup vinegar (try red raspberry for something different!)
    2 tablespoons sesame seeds
    1 1/2 teaspoon minced onion (optional)
    1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon paprika

    works really well with the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this taste anything like the amazing cookies you sent me at Christmas. I have to make this NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed! I make something similar, and it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooo.... looks amazing! We are growing strawberries right now so maybe we'll have to try it with homegrown ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMM that looks tasty!!
    I will have to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum yum yum! Thanks for this :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.